Sunday, August 16, 2009

Lizard Ridge - King Sized



Alright - that's it! There's no more knitting involved in this project! All the ends are sewn, the borders crocheted on, and then sewn together. There's one final step before I block it - a border on the entire blanket, but I couldn't resist getting some pictures up anyway.

Finding a way to photograph this puppy is giving me a headache. Getting the angles right, getting the whole thing in the frame, trying not to get too much else. I think the only way a good square-on picture is going to happen is if I suspend myself from the ceiling. That makes sense, doesn't it? So yeah, my photo, big hack job. Oh well.

A note on scale: I had no idea how large this thing was going to be. I added pattern repeats, entire squares, several borders. Unblocked, that baby covers my entire king sized bed. Not all the way over the pillows. Yet. That's what, 76" wide and 80" long? No wonder it took two years.

3 comments:

PNWBookGirl said...

I put mine out on the lawn and then stood in one of the patio chairs precariously. Looks great! Only problem I've had with mine over the year is that the dogs nails have pulled some of the stitches. I'm seriously contemplating a light felting to reduce further issues.

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

So pretty! Well worth 2 years, I think.

Leslie said...

Well, it's gorgeous.