Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Black Trillium's March/April KAL

Its been fun to see folks get into talking about their Multnomah. I love the way mine has finished up:

Its really too bad there's only a few skeins left of this yarn, because it makes amazing lace. The color is Turquoise Gothic, which I will definitely be bringing back on a regular basis to my Etsy site.

Okay, so I'm beginning to see the fun in doing a Knit-along, which means its time to think about what to do for March/April. I'd like to try socks this time, and here's what I think looks interesting (but not insanely hard like the ones I'm casting on after the Ravelypics):

Skew by Lana Holden
- maybe this is a little too popular, but the original construction makes it a must-knit. If you're already working on them, great!

Pyroclastic by Marlowe Crawford
- another Knitty Winter '09 pattern, I really like the foot shaping and I'm always down with an Eye of Partridge heel with hand-dyed yarn.

Knee Socks! by Diana Parrington
- If we're giving ourselves two months to knit something, a pair of straight-forward knee-high socks would be a great challenge. I may be bad and use a couple of the fantastic Noro Kureyon colors in my stash rather than my own yarns.

Esther Socks by Stephanie van der Linden
- Sorry, I couldn't find a non-Ravelry link to this one. My friend Star knit a pair, which is how I found the pattern, and I love the look of them.

I'm not looking for a "so say we all" of 30 people, just a few folks that think "hey, that looks cool". The Black Trillium Ravelry group has a posting as well, if you want to chime in there, and I'll be sending out the final decision in my March/April (e)mailer.

By the way, if you have a write-in suggestion, leave it in the comments.

No comments: