Tuesday, April 1, 2008

At Least The Tracker Knows

'Cause the USPS just flubbed my latest yarn order.

Most of the time, I buy yarn two places: my LYS when I really need a fix or want to get larger quantities of something basic, and a variety of online sources. Whatever the varietal, the majority of online yarn stores (OYS's?) have the ability to let me see where my package is after the conduit has picked up the actual box. I find this a great source of comfort because I can watch as my package gets closer and closer, know all the time that a yarn fix is coming my way. There hasn't been a single hiccup thus far.

Today, my latest order went to Oregon City from Seattle. For those of you not familiar with Oregon geography, that package whizzed past my exit and headed about thirty miles further south. For the first time ever, the USPS tracker says "mis-shipped". Oi. Is it possible to give a big whistle and get those folks turned back around and headed out here with my yarn? We'll see what happens next.

****

In just over a week, my son and I board an airplane for the East Coast, with hub following a few days behind. Agenda: hang with BF and her munchkins, visit in-laws and various relatives, get a tan. April is another one of those months that always seems to pack in the to-do's and this year is the epitome of that rule. I have a new volunteer group to train for all month long, we spend a week and a half on vacation, then we move house on the final weekend. Did I mention the Harlot is coming to town on the 22nd and I've been putting together a group from the Bee?

So I'll see you all more in May, is what I think I'm saying.

1 comment:

Yarnhog said...

Aargh. I've only had one yarn shipment lost, and it was a complete comedy of errors. I wanted the yarn for a trip. First UPS lost it. Then it was backordered. Then the yarn store finally received it--but mistakenly shipped only half my order. By the time my bulky-weight wool/angora arrived, the trip was long past and the temperature was in the 70s. Oh well. Yarn doesn't go bad--as far as a know--and it's aging in the stash for next winter.