Monday, October 27, 2008

Projects Renewed

There have been some changes at Black Trillium recently, which seems a little strange because we only just started the site as a trio. We sat down and discussed our crazy lives and realized that maybe now was the most ideal time to be starting something. I walked away from the evening as the ongoing proprietor of the online shop, which was way more than I hoped for. I think we left the "joint venture" on a positive note, and I'm happy to say I've been able to post new things over the last few weeks. Dyeing solo is quite different than in a group - I'm still waiting to see if what I dye has appeal to a wider audience. If I'm still doing this about the same time next year, well, that will be something.

Just because I'm dyeing doesn't mean I've changed my knitting habits either. Startitis, I think that's the clinical term. Socks, blankets, laceweight cardigans and pullovers. Cowls, kid sweaters, other random knitted gifts. You name it, I probably have something on the needles to fit. But hey, I scored big time:



Noro decided they didn't have need to continue this colorway (182, I think), so Little Knits has it on the seriously cheap for a whole bag. I think I'm going to do my own version of one of the new Mason Dixon Knitting patterns. Noro for the dots, Cascade 220 in Jet for the background and border. If I take time to contemplate my own crazy, I might chicken out, so no self-reflection on this one.

Oh yeah, in other news, I started back working at the kitchen store. I know, silly me. Bills need'a payin'.

No comments: