Thursday, November 13, 2008

Oh, Busy, Oh, Crazy

There can't be enough hours in the day for all the things I have gotten done in the last week. It all started Sunday, at a little barn in Granite Falls, tucked just off the highway.

I got me one of these.

The adjustable hand-winder, which is going to be my savior in a multitude of ways. It turns out that the folks at Fricke are a husband and wife team that hand make these winders, which means that I supported my local economy! They let me pick up my winder six days after I ordered it, bless their hearts.

Monday, I got down to business making some tools for Black Trillium. If you've been to the site, you know how bad the photography is, and don't think I don't know it as well. So I built a light box from scratch. It was fun, and I got to bust out my sewing machine. I also set up a dyeing stand that will help make space-dyeing a little less insane in an apartment kitchen.

Tuesday, I finished up some other sewing projects and then went down to a knitting group I'd been invited to show my hand-dyed yarn to. Oh yeah, and I had the pleasure of going to "work" (love Holiday retail jobs, eh) until late.

Finally, after spending time working on handknits for the site, and stitch markers, and everything but the yarn, today I finally got some dyeing time. I'm really excited about some of the new color combos that came out of today, and I hope I can get them all posted by the end of the week.

Now, since tomorrow is a school day for the bubba, I think that means I better get some sleep as well.

Happy Knitting!

No comments: