Wednesday, September 5, 2007

This Is Me Totally Crapping Out On A Title

Because I can. (And often do. I have Title-block.)

Casting on has never been so much fun. I happened on Knit One, Felt Too when we were at the library for the first time in a few months. There it was, just sitting on the shelf instead of some other knitter's hot little hand. This book, which has been on my wishlist for...a long time...has a fab little pattern for knitted slippers. The whole thing knits up like a huge, stripy sock, heel flap and all. I'm even going to do paired decreases and kitchener the toe.



I checked my place in the Ravelry queue - only 1300 to go!!!! That's down from about 4K when I first signed up. I'm getting very excited to see what all the fuss is about.

I discovered elann.com last night because one of the Knitsmiths posted about a pattern she was going to do for her baby girl. Eeek! First off, I'm going to do the Pinwheel sweater for myself. And if you scroll through their yarn you'll find they have a Denim yarn like Rowan's, but at half the cost. I could go on and on, but...I'm just curious, was I the only one who didn't know about that site?

I wonder if there's a place for yarn addicts to get rehab.

BTW, happy 3rd anniversary, honey!!!

1 comment:

Yarnhog said...

If you haven't already, you should check out the free patterns on www.garnstudio.com. There are thousands of them, and they're GOOD!