Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tangled Up In Blue

Free of deadline gift knitting, I've gone right back to my old flame - Socks. Okay, so I was checking out the lines on a Sunrise Circle Jacket pattern, knitting, ripping, editing to match gauge and bodily peculiarities. But that isn't cheating. I didn't spend more than a week on the sweater before I slagged back home to the Socks.



Above is my most recent attempt to reflavor vanilla. Koigu, baby. I'm totally in love, and it shows. I knit the entire first sock in 24 hours, and I've actually cast on the second instead of moving to the next yarn and letting the single snooze.



Strawberry Fields. Love them.



Schaefer Anne. A colorway I like to call Buffy. Yes, as in the Slayer.



Jade basketweave socks. Shibui sock yarn. Gack. I have 2 more skeins, and that's all I'm ever going to buy. It was like knitting with cheap unmercerized cotton, only not as good. The socks are pretty, though.



Jaywalker, second attempt. I cast on the larger number of stitches this time. Still no success. I'm inclined to stick to Vanilla for the time being.

3 comments:

Yarnhog said...

That's a lotta socks! And they're all beautiful.

Quail Hill Knits said...

I see that while I was on hiatus, you knit socks, socks, and more socks. How did you avoid second sock syndrome? Seriously, they are all. beautiful

Mel said...

Hey ladies, I am so sorry I missed your comments! Thanks for the compliments!