Gawd, I'm feeling so boring today. Just get a load of that awful title. Oh well.
Finally, the Log Cabin finished and blocking. I had to lay down towels on the kid's bed just to have enough space. And here we are, all dry and ready to ship:
Big Whoop. However, I felt this odd sense of accomplishment that doesn't come with a pair of socks or a hat. Like I actually made something that will be around a while. Interesting.
WTS is progressing as could be expected. I guess you actually have to knit on a project for it to get done. What have I been doing instead? Swatching:
First I tried Jaywalker, then I tried winging a basketweave. But Shibui sock yarn, in Peacock, is thicker (and rougher!) than I expected (must be the overtwist) so when casting onto 2.25 mm needles Jaywalker was way out of proportion even at the smallest size. Basketweave on the fly, with a reduced number of stitches, still didn't work. So I actually swatched for once. I still may go up to 2.5 mm dpn's and back down to 64 (instead of 72) stitches to take advantage of the yarn's thickness. Here's what I worked out so far to start this sock:
Hell In A Handbasket Socks
C/O 64 st to 2.5 mm (size 1.5 US) [2.25 mm (size 1 US)] needles. Divide evenly, aiming for multi's of eight per needle. Knit cuff in 2x2 rib for 1 inch. Begin leg pattern.
Row 1: Knit
Row 2: *p5, k3, repeat from * 7 more times
Row 3: Knit
Row 4: as row 2
Row 5: Knit
Row 6: as row 2
Row 7: Knit
Row 8: p1, *k3, p5, repeat from * 6 more times, k3, p4
Row 9: Knit
Row 10: as row 8
Row 11: Knit
Row 12: as row 8
Repeat rows 1 through 12 until desired length is reached.
Heel to come.