Thursday, July 5, 2007

Extremely Very Twisted

...and utterly cool. I took my son and I down to the newest addition to Portland's fuzz pusher cadre, Twisted. Ahhhhhh.

By the owner's own claim, their thing is sock yarn. We talked about MerLin by Louet, and she (oh, I'm so stupid I didn't get the owner's name) showed me a sample she was knitting toe-up. I'm sure they're going to be super soft and last For. Eh. Ver. Then we looked at the Cherry Tree Hill and Dream in Color. Then the Louet Gems. After that, we talked about SWTC with Chitin. Finally, I showed her a skein of frighteningly saffron orange Zitron Trekking I was planning to purchase.

Utter bliss.

For the record, the owner offered Jack some crayons and puzzles and coloring books all on her own. He was chill the whole time, picked up the crayons on his own when he finished, and we left peacefully with all our little treats..

My husband is going to have to remove my car keys and debit card.

Tomorrow: actual knitting.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Yay!! I'm so glad you and Jack had fun at Twisted. Looking forward to seeing your knitting.

Quail Hill Knits said...

I know exactly how you feel. I got down to actual knitting yesterday and can't believe how much I have accomplished. Twisted sounds wonderful.