Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Harloteers



It was truly glorious to be in a room full of so many knitters. I was a tad late to get the pick of seating, but on a fluke I was able to sit right up front. One of the perks of not having a knittig buddy to pal around with is that a single available seat isn't a problem.

Ms. SPM is just as hilarious in person as on her blog. I take for granted that she would be just like any of us, but she seemed a bit nervous at the beginning. She did a fantastic job, of course, and the whole room was filled with laughter from beginning to end. Oh to be able to write that well.

A spot up front pretty much meant a spot at the front of the queue (after moms with babies, et. al.), so I had my book signed and pictures taken before I had a chance to get bored. Look, she's holding my sock! (Sadly, I had to rip it out a couple days ago after turning the heel and finding there was just no way this pattern was going to be viable for my foot.)

It was a good night to be in Portland, folks.

2 comments:

Quail Hill Knits said...

Hey Mel, Isn't it fun to hear Stephanie speak. She is as funny in person as she is in her books and blog. I really wanted to go when she was here in California June 7 but Justin really wanted me to be part of his graduation. Oh well, I hope to catch her somewhere later this year.

Sharon said...

ah, so that's what the crowd looked like from that side of the room! I was waaaay in the back, in the opposite corner from where your photo was taken, in standing-room-only land. What a treat it was to hear the Yarn Harlot give a talk.

I enjoy your blog and read regularly, btw.