Saturday, May 19, 2007

Like a Flu...

...this meme seems to be catching. Maybe everyone is so preoccupied with summer's evetual arrival that they've just lost the desire to post. G.bella tagged me, so I'm going to try and think of 7 random things that might be interesting to know about me.

1. I have a generous portion of a b.s. in biology and I've completed all the departmental requirements for an English Literature b.a. What am I missing? Electives - a year's worth.

2. I had a job at a food co-op in high school, and one really slow Saturday the baker and I decided we needed to make up hippy names for ourselves. Mine? Dragonmoon.

3. My husband and I chose our son's first name in part because of two of our favorite television characters: Daniel Jackson and Jack O'Neill. Yes, we're enormous geeks.

4. Working has never been my strong suit as I tend to loathe it. Being a stay-at-home mom was a dream come true, even though we've been pretty darn poor because of it. Now I have a minimum wage job that we don't depend on for real income, and I like my job because I don't really have to keep it. Okay, I like the people I work for as well, but don't tell anybody.

5. I secretly wish that I could make a living doing something creative, like writing, knitting or jewelry-making. The big problem is that I have no idea how to get started.

6. In total contradiction of #5, I hope someday (once I've finished my B.A.) to apply to grad school, study Medieval Literature, get a PhD and become a college professor.

7. When I like something (music, knitting, university, therapy) I tend to throw myself into it 110%. After about a year and a half, more often than not I run out of energy for my current project. But a couple months off and I'm ready to find a new focus.

Okay, here's the part where I'm supposed to tag people. But not this time. If anyone wants a go of their own choosing, feel free.

No comments: