Saturday, April 7, 2007

FO: a pair of Blue Green Monsters


Finished socks in their natural habitat. There is a bit of bag in the ankle and they're a bit short in the toe (I better learn to darn), but they're soft and my sweetie thinks they're great.

Project Details
Needles: Size 1.5 Crystal Palace 6" DPN (Lurv, lurv lurv these!)
Fiber: Brown Sheep's Wildfoote
Pattern: My own, in which I totally forget that my gauge in the round is different than flat. Cast on eighty some odd stitches, reduced in the ankle to make up for sloppy gauge. Cuff, heel, toe in contrast color. Used Yarn Harlot's "peasant toe" recommendation.
Next Time: I'll remember that most sock patterns in sock-weight yarn call for 64 stitches cast on. I figured out why most socks are ribbed: extra room if they're too small and suck-it-up action if they're too big. Duh.

No comments: