Tuesday, April 3, 2007

There Should Be A Law

...against casting on a new project (or projects, if your batshit crazy like me) when you already have a full plate. I couldn't help it, I swear!

Please note: there won't be any pictures on this blog until I buy more batteries, whihc could be this week or a month from now, it's hard to tell. It's pretty hard to write a compelling knitting blog with all the normal tools, and so I'm sure the lack of pictures will make this blog even more not-interesting. However, things are as they must be.

I've set to work on a couple more charity projects (hats, of course). One preemie hat in periwinkle, because I had the cotton and I got bored with the sock WIP. And I needed to finish a hat for that charity that didn't break my heart just thinking there might be somebody out there to wear it. I've also progressed through one hat and started another with some worsted (and very soft) single-ply sans ball band that is, I swear this is not a joke, curry yellow. With bits of red and black. It's an awful color, but the yarn is wonderful. If only I knew what it was so I could look and see if there were some colors that didn't remind me of vomit.

I've been plugging away at the pink sweater, and having ripped the back out twice, I think I have a better feel for the idea of arm holes and proper ratios. I'm working on the front now, trying to figure out where to start the v-neck and how to integrate redux for the extra boob space I needed.

The b/g monsters are getting there, bit by bit. Finished the gussets, working the instep.

Nothing to report on the kilt hose. Deadline quickly approaching. Blast.

I have a new project in the planning/buying stages: a wedding present for a friend whose wedding I'm a bridesmaid for in July. I'm going really simple, and I've had to check in about colors since she and I are very different that way. My palette tends towards bright blues, greens, and purples. As I would've guessed, she'd prefer more muted tones and warmer hues. Here's the specs so far: Log Cabin or Moderne blanket, approx 48"x48", using Knit Picks' Wool of the Andes in chocolate, chestnut, hollyberry, and cloud. If I go Log Cabin, I'm probably going to pick a fifth color for the center, a couple random sections and the edging. Winter night and grass are big on the list, and so was Carrot though now I see it only exists on my color card, but I can seem to make up my mind. I can't start ordering for a couple weeks yet (spent my budget early, it seems), so that gives me plenty of time to make a decision.

No comments: