Saturday, April 21, 2007

Yum with a Side of Bliss

...or Mascarpone Icecream with Pears and Dulce de Leche.

Mascarpone Icecream
8 oz. mascarpone
8 oz. whole milk
3/4 c. superfine sugar

Combine mascarpone and sugar, then add the milk a 1/4 cup at a time so the mascarpone dissolves without lumping. Freeze mixture in an icecream machine.

- I found this recipe in a book at work called Ice Cream, though I can't find it on Amazon. Part of what I like is the fact that you don't have to cook and then cool the liquid overnight before freezing it in the machine. Next time, though, I'm only adding 1/2 a cup of sugar because I just don't like it quite that sweet.

- Boil a can of sweetened condensed milk for a couple of hours and you have the quick and easy version of dulce de leche.

Serve it up baby. A couple of halves of pears, a couple scoops of ice cream and a scoop of dulce de leche. Oh so good.

No comments: