Friday, March 16, 2007

Bouncing 'Round the Room

Words like sylvan, pastoral, sublime and columbia have been jostling my brain for a shot at the new blog title. I can't get them to make sense, especially with knitting. I don't knit trees, and I don't knit in an edenic setting.

You know what I think does work? (But I don't like the sound of it)

"Aspire To Knit"

There's a certain amount of humility there that I think is appropriate considering my desire to become a world-class knitter. I know I have a long way to go, and I know there are a ton of people out there who are much more experienced than I am. I guess I think "Aspire" recognizes that. I googled the phrase and found that pretty much all the blogs I've heard of or give any credence to at all have used that phrase in at least one post. Knitting is one of those things with limitations and a constant learning curve, so you're never as much of an expert as you think. I can be good at one thing, but there will always be more for me to aspire to.

So how do I work a tree in there?

No comments: